Thursday, November 12, 2009

Before This Dance Is Through, I Think I'll Love You Too.


The third song from the third LP from the first soundtrack album is a Lennon/McCartney song given to George Harrison to sing entitled "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You". This tune is featured in the film "A Hard Day's Night" while the Beatles are in the fake studio and George is highlighted with his bandmates playing their instruments.
"I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" was recorded on Sunday March 01 1964 at EMI Studio Two. There were four takes, the first two being the backing track, the third being a breakdown and the last one adding the double tracked vocals and featuring Ringo playing an extra tom for the accents. John and Paul are featured on the background vocals.

The song was mixed for mono two days later on March 03 1964 in studio one. On June 09 1964, "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" was taped copied for both Capitol Records and for United Artists. Finally, the song was mixed for stereo on Monday June 22 1964.

"I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" was released as a single by Capitol Records on July 20 1964. The song is also available on the Parlophone UK LP/CD "A Hard Day's Night" as well as the Capitol North American LP/CD "Something New".

"I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" was performed live only once for the BBC on "From Us to You".

No comments:

Post a Comment