Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Beatles Live at the Grugahalle, Essen, Germany

The Beatles performed two shows at the Grugahalle in Essen Germany as the 1966 European tour rolled on. The shows took place on June 25 1966 the day after the performances in Munich.
The entire afternoon show has been taped and is available on the bootleg "Mythology, Volume 2" although I have not heard it but I hear it's not of best quality.
I did find, however, about a minute and a half of the Essen show with an edited version of "If I Needed Someone" with George on lead vocal that someone has (what it looks like) synced with some audio on youtube. I've included the link below.
The songs for the afternoon show that are bootlegged are as follows: "Rock and Roll Music", "She's A Woman", "If I Needed Someone", "Day Tripper", "Baby's In Black", "I Feel Fine", "Yesterday", "I Wanna Be Your Man", "Nowhere Man", "Paperback Writer" and "I'm Down".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXcd0H8qpEg


No comments:

Post a Comment