Friday, May 23, 2014

The Beatles Live in Indianapolis

The 1964 Beatles North American tour had a stop in Indianapolis on September 05 of same year. They played a show at the Indiana State Fair Coliseum. There were two "houses" performed that day and the earlier show was fortunately recorded by the local radio station WIFE-AM. The entire show featured the same songs as the previous shows namely  "Twist And Shout/ You Can't Do That/ All My Loving/ She Loves You/ Things We Said Today/ Roll Over Beethoven/ Can't Buy Me Love/ If I Fell/ I Want To Hold Your Hand/ Boys/ A Hard Day's Night/ Long Tall Sally".
The show can be heard on bootlegs such as the CD "State Fair to Hollywood". The quality of this show is deemed fine although I have not heard it in a long time.
I've also included a news report from the 1990's whereby the local news talks about and shows footage of The Beatles during their visit to Indianapolis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB59g0z4BnU

No comments:

Post a Comment